Friday 6 September 2013

A-Z Survey

On loads of blogs lately I keep seeing this A-Z survey, created by Jamie at The Perpetual Page-Turner. I have loved reading all the different answers everyone has given to this, and I wanted to throw myself into this too. I know I'm really late to the party here, but here it is



AAuthor you’ve read the most books from:

I have read everything ever written by Maria V. Snyder, and loads of Richelle Mead's books.

BBest Sequel Ever:

 There are few series or sequels where the second book beats the first, but the first examples that come to mind are Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare and Where She Went by Gayle Forman. 

CCurrently Reading:

Monsters by Ilsa J. Bick- I'm struggling with this one a bit, it's very harsh and depressing and there are SO MANY different viewpoints to keep track of.
At work I'm reading If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch- so good so far!
On audiobook I'm listening to Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo.
I usually have 3 or 4 books on the go at any one time!

DDrink of Choice While Reading:

Tea. I love drinking tea. I can tell I'm completely absorbed in a book when I find a mug of stone cold tea next me that I'd forgotten about, and have to get up to make another one.

E-E-reader or Physical Book?

I prefer reading a physical book personally, and I love having the book on display on my bookshelves afterwards. I quite like reading on my kindle, but when I re-read my favourite books I like to dip in and out, and just re-read the best chapters and it's easier to do this with a physical book. I have been known to buy a paperback copy of a book I already own and read on kindle. 

FFictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:

I wouldn't have dated anyone fictional in High school- I was the biggest loser!


G

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:

I didn't like the look of Divergent by Veronica Roth at all when it came out. Thank goodness for all the book blogs I read raving about it which convinced me to give it a chance! I love this series!

HHidden Gem Book:

I really enjoyed Angelfall by Susan Ee, which started off as a self-published book- a real hidden gem.

IImportant Moment in your Reading Life:

Learning to read... 

JJust Finished:

Requiem by Lauren Oliver.

KKinds of Books You Won’t Read:

I have never been interested in crime/legal/courtroom type books, and I've never been attracted by the "chick-lit" books like Sophie Kinsella- not saying that these are bad books- just that I have never been tempted to pick one up. 

LLongest Book You’ve Read:

The Diviners by Libba Bray is pretty long- but worth it! 


MMajor book hangover because of:

The Harry Potter series, and also the end of Breaking Dawn, I felt like nothing would ever move me like that again!

NNumber of Bookcases You Own:

One big one, and three small ones. But I have loads of books also just in piles on the floor. 

OOne Book You Have Read Multiple Times:

Fifty Shades Freed by E.L James. It's a secret though!

PPreferred Place To Read:

In bed or in the garden in the sunshine. I sometimes sit and read for an hour in a coffee shop after work- it feels very self-indulgent.

QQuote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:

“She craved a presence beside her, solid. Fingertips light at the nape of her neck and a voice meeting hers in the dark. Someone who would wait with an umbrella to walk her home in the rain, and smile like sunshine when he saw her coming. Who would dance with her on her balcony, keep his promises and know her secrets, and make a tiny world wherever he was, with just her and his arms and his whisper and her trust.” 
-Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor


RReading Regret:

Lending 50 Shades of Grey to my mother. I still haven't gotten it back yet. 

SSeries You Started And Need To Finish:

This could take a while- there are so so many series, where I have read the first book, loved it, but STILL haven't gotten round to reading the rest.  Eyes Like Stars, Firelight, Nightshade, The Ghost and the Goth, Forgive My Fins... 


TThree of your All-Time Favorite Books:

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor, Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder, Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman.


UUnapologetic Fangirl For:

The Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead- love this series! 

VVery Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:

Cress by Marissa Meyer, and (yes I can have two!) Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor

WWorst Bookish Habit:

Keeping library books for months even after I've read them... because I haven't reviewed them yet.

X X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:

Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa

YYour latest book purchase:

ZZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):


Dare You To by Katie McGarry- I couldn't put it down

Thanks for stopping by my A-Z post! I hope you've enjoyed getting to know me a little better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva